Here’s my favorite hot, comforting beverage with aromatic flavors of the fall. I like to make a full pitcher and refrigerate it so I can quickly re-heat it in the mornings, or for a warming after dinner drink. The pumpkin will settle to the bottom so just give it a quick stir. If you’d prefer the coffee to be a bit stronger, you can add decaf expresso shots.
WHAT TO BUY:
- 4 cups Fresh hot coffee (decaf)
- 4 cups Almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup Canned pumpkin
- 1½ teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice (nutmeg, cinnamon, clove)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Natural, non-caloric sweetener of choice (like MonkSweet+)
WHAT TO DO:
- In a saucepan, add 2 cups of almond milk and 2 cups of coffee on medium-high heat. If you have a frother, hold back ½ cup of almond milk and use only 1 ½ cups on this step.
- Add pumpkin and spices and stir until smooth.
- Add non-caloric sweetener of choice and continue to stir until blended.
- Pour the desired servings into individual cups or mugs.
- If you decide to add froth, pre-heat the almond milk and then froth in a separate cup.
- Top off with foam and enjoy!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU: