Up-level your healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner with this delicious energy bowl. This is one of many recipes from my Sacred Eating book, that I designed, to have a complete balance of macronutrients to regulate your blood sugar and keep you feeling amazing. It fits right in with my new 3-2-1 healthy eating program as it has all the right nutritional ingredients, in just the right amount, to keep you full for hours.
Serves 1 | Prep: 5 Minutes
Matcha is a bright green tea powder, ground from Japanese tea leaves. It’s full of antioxidants, and high in a compound called catechin, specifically EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate)—just don’t try to pronounce this before breakfast! It’s believed to have cancer-fighting effects and other health benefits, such as preventing heart disease, type 2 diabetes and supporting weight loss efforts. So you are aware of your intake, it does contain caffeine so often best consumed earlier in the day. Let me know how you like it!
WHAT TO BUY:
- 2 teaspoons Matcha green tea powder
- ½ cup unsweetened Almond milk
- ½ cup nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Flaxseed oil
- 12 Fresh or frozen raspberries
- Several ice cubes for desired consistency
- 1 teaspoon Chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened Coconut, shredded or chips
- 6 fresh raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons freeze-dried banana chips, unsweetened
WHAT TO DO:
Blend matcha, almond milk, yogurt, flaxseed oil, 6 raspberries, ice and sweetener in bullet or blender until smooth.
- Pour into your favorite bowl.
- Top with chia seeds, coconut chips, banana chips and raspberries.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
From my heart to yours <3