Sometimes you get that craving. Yes, THAT craving. The one that nothing else will satisfy except the deliciousness of a REAL burger. That hunger-stomping, protein indulgence, that is as satisfying as it looks.
Make this your new go-to burger with fewer fat calories than the full beef burger. I use half ground bison and half lean turkey for the patty. Bison is only 10% fat versus it’s beef counterpart. This is an especially good option for people who are “transitioning” to a healthier lifestyle and not ready to go cold turkey.
- 1 lb ground bison
- 1 lb ground lean turkey
- 1 cup glutino gluten free breadcrumbs
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 3 tablespoons granulated garlic or fresh chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Chopped cilantro
- Sliced red onion rings
- Sliced tomato
- Queso fresco
- Generously top with non-fat Greek yogurt
- Half whole wheat or GF bun
What to do: Mix together with hands and form patties. Place on cookie sheet and freeze until firm. Grill or pan fry 6 for family dinner. Place remaining patties in freezer bags and store for future meal.