I so love baked goods, especially those with lemon. It just freshens up any muffin, pancake or pastry. Being a nutrition and fitness expert, I’m super picky about the quality and macronutrients in what I eat, so you’ll never find me hanging out at the local coffee shop with java and a scone…nope…never.
After about a decade of being in the food business I finally added a healthy and delicious Protein Baking Mix to our line-up that is guilt-free. I’m not feeling guilty creating it and you won’t feel guilty eating it. You’ll save a bunch of time knowing you just add egg, oil and water. So easy!
They are yummy and to be honest…I had FOUR today! If this flavor isn’t “your thang” than feel free to swap out any of our other amazing flavors, like Cherry Chocolate Almond, Cranberry Orange Walnut, Coffee Chocolate Chip, Spiced Apple Walnut or my Original Blend where you can be creative and add your own mix-ins.
TONI’S BLUEBERRY LEMON COCONUT MUFFINS
Makes 16 Muffins (8 servings)
5 minutes prep \ 18 minutes to bake
WHAT TO KNOW: I use IF YOU CARE parchment muffin cups, not only for the environment but my healthy muffins won’t stick to the paper. Another tip is to use the parchment cups in disposable muffin tins to avoid clean up. I know, you’re thinking what a waste! I wash them and re-use them and they last for years.
If you’d like to cut down on the cholesterol–this recipe calls for two whole eggs–simply switch that out for 1/4 cup of egg whites.
WHAT TO BUY:
- 1 Pouch TONI’S Protein Baking Mix® – Blueberry Lemon Coconut
- 2 Whole eggs
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, favorite alternative or water
- 16 muffin cups– like IF YOU CARE
- Optional: Sprinkle tops with a natural, no-calorie powdered sugar
WHAT TO DO:
- Pre-heat oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, mix together the baking mix, eggs, oil and almond milk
- Mix with fork until blended
- Allow to sit for five minutes
- Distribute into 16 large muffin cups
- Bake at 350 for between 15 to 18 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and cooked through, being careful not to overbake.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU: