Makes 8 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes
This is one of my favorite wintertime go-to’s. This stew is flavorful, hearty and hit’s the comfort-food spot every time, while still being super healthy. Like my other recipes, this has balanced macronutrients including lean protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats, designed to keep you fuller, longer so you naturally eat a little less and keep your blood sugar regulated. No more cravings when you’re body is content nutritionally! Nutrition panel is at the bottom, and be sure to portion out your servings so you know exactly what you are eating.
WHAT TO BUY:
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 cup Silken tofu
- 2 Tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium celery stalks, ends removed & chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into ½” pieces
- 2 cups turkey breast, leftover, cooked and shredded (or chicken)
- 2 cups yam potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
WHAT TO DO:
- In a large pot on stove top, heat avocado oil until hot. Add garlic and sauté until aromatic.
- Add chicken stock, almond milk and tofu.
- Microwave cubed yam potatoes until soft. Add to pot.
- Using immersion blender, blend until creamy.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add celery and carrots and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered and stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining vegetables and allow to cook, uncovered so the liquid can continue to reduce, another 10 minutes.
- Season with celery seed, onion powder, salt and pepper.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU: