This soup is fast and easy to make. If you have an immersion blender you can simply blend all the ingredients together in the pot. Otherwise, you can use a standard blender and follow the directions below. You may be new to nutritional yeast. It helps boost the protein content and gives it a bit of a cheesy flavor. I always partition out my soups into cups to make sure I am eating the right portion. I store them in the refrigerator and it makes any mealtime so much easier! Check out the nutrition facts below. You’ll find this soup is a completely balanced meal including protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats to keep you satiated and your blood sugar regulated…oh stop talking so sexy!
Makes 4 Servings — about 1-1/4 cups each
10 minutes prep| 15 minutes cook
WHAT TO BUY:
- 2 T Olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic or 2 teaspoons roasted garlic granulates (such as Penzy’s)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 7 oz silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (such as Bob’s Red Mill Large Flake)
- ½ t salt
- ½ teaspoon black ground pepper
- ½ t ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
WHAT TO DO:
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- For a time-saving hack, microwave the broccoli and carrots then coarsely chop and set aside.
- Add stock, broccoli, and carrots, then cover with a lid. Simmer until broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a high-speed blender, combine almond milk, tofu, mustard powder, smoked paprika, nutritional yeast, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Blend at high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour creamy base into broccoli mixture. Add parmesan cheese, and allow to simmer a few minutes for the flavors to meld. Stir in lemon juice at end and serve.