When I’m hungry, I want something that is easy to prepare, delicious and will keep me satiated for hours. That’s why, as a nutritionist, I make sure I balance my macro-nutrients in every meal and have plenty of healthy recipes on hand! Having the right proportion of lean proteins, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats, metabolize slowly which helps to regulate my blood sugar. I have eaten this way for over 10 years and I can tell you it’s the ultimate way to help your body feel good, while getting the nutrients and energy you need to get through your day. Plus, I love all dishes that are “one dish wonders”. It makes clean-up so easy too!
MAKES 2 SERVINGS — Nutrition Facts at the bottom of this post 🙂
WHAT TO BUY:
- 16 medium Shrimp
- 1 c Butternut Squash or Jewel Yam, cubed (I buy frozen to keep it simple and pre-cook)
- 1 c Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c Edamame beans
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 c Quinoa & Brown Rice, cooked
- 1/4 Avocado, sliced
WHAT TO DO:
- On stove top, heat 1/2 T olive oil and add shrimp and garlic. Saute until cooked mostly through. Set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil and saute mushrooms.
- Add squash or yam and edamame beans and cook through.
- Combine all ingredients back into pan to heat thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over bed of quinoa in bowl and enjoy!
Find more recipes in Toni’s books available online here.